Assisted Publishing – The Service We Offer
Welcome – here you can learn more about our Assisted Publishing service.
After all the hard work you have done in writing and preparing your manuscript, we hope that we can help you in bringing your book to print. The service we offer is to help authors, and often new authors, to publish their work and make it available in a top quality book at as reasonable a price as possible.
We cover a large range of styles having produced testimony, teaching, devotional, poetry, novels, humour and children’s books.
The service we are able to provide includes:
- Author support and advice
- Full editing/design/layout/proof reading
- An individually custom designed full colour cover
- ISBN number and registration with Nielsen’s Trade Data which allows books to be marketed worldwide and lists them on Amazon
- Bar code
- All books to be printed in paperback format with paper weight and type appropriate for the type of book (hard back also available)
- Template for additional information to be added into the book eg dedication, acknowledgements
- Electronic proofs
- Hard copy proof
- Jpeg of front cover for use on social media and website
- Delivery of books to UK address
Price will depend on the number of pages in the finished book, the quantity printed, paper used and how much work is involved in design, editing, proofing, layout etc. We recommend a minimum of 300 books printed on a first run and following that smaller quantities can be ordered which will cost less per copy with all the hard work already been done.
Once we have an idea of page count, the type of book it will be (mono or colour interior, size etc) and how much work is involved, we will be able to give you an idea of cost. As an example: for 300 copies of a 140 page black and white interior book, with 90gsm book wove paper, colour cover and the work and service detailed above, the cost would be roughly £2000-£2500.
We have published books for numerous authors. Please see below some of the books we have helped our authors publish.
To know more about us please go to www.lifepublications.org.uk
David & Jan Holdaway